spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From Theo Van Dinter <felic...@apache.org>
Subject My issues w/ nightly runs, fyi ...
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 04:44:41 GMT
Hey folks,

A few weeks ago, I noticed my nightly runs were not finishing in a timely
manner.  I didn't have time to debug the issue before going on vacation,
so I shut them off while I was gone.  Now that I'm back I took a look
at it, and it appears the problem is that both bayes and awl are being
used even though they're explicitly disabled in my user_prefs file.

Digging around, I found r596064 which disabled user_prefs in mass-check,
and therefore my config is no longer read to disable bayes and awl.
I renamed user_prefs to be local.cf, and it seems functional now.
But since this change was not well advertised (at least, I haven't seen
a mail about it,), it may take people by surprise.

This also led me to notice that local.cf is read in twice, once as a pre file
and then again as a cf:

[16753] dbg: config: using
"/home/corpus/SA/spamassassin-corpora/masses/spamassassin/local.cf" for site rules pre files
[16753] dbg: config: read file
/home/corpus/SA/spamassassin-corpora/masses/spamassassin/local.cf

[...]

[16753] dbg: config: using
"/home/corpus/SA/spamassassin-corpora/masses/spamassassin/local.cf" for site rules dir
[16753] dbg: config: read file
/home/corpus/SA/spamassassin-corpora/masses/spamassassin/local.cf

this led to some error messages when I had config options for plugins that
weren't loaded for the pre version, but then took effect with the cf version.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"The distributions may be developed that way, but to get into the mainline