spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From Sidney Markowitz <sid...@sidney.com>
Subject Re: Plugin/SpamCop: Why does it send multipart/mixed via SMTP?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 21:28:51 GMT
Andrzej Adam Filip wrote, On 6/4/07 6:40 AM:
> Is there any particular reason why spamcop plugin sends the reports via
> SMTP as ( multipart/mixed > message/rfc822; x-spam-type=report ) instead
>  of sending "single-part (message/rfc822; x-spam-type=report) ?

Because it works? SpamCop requests that spam sent via email be sent as
attachments, as you would get with your MUA using "forward as
attachment". Is there way that you are asking about of sending an
attachment other than using multipart/mixed? I don't see offhand any
MIME type named "single-part", so what other format are you proposing
and why use it when multipart/mixed works?