spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <spamassas...@dostech.ca>
Subject Re: VOTE: SpamAssassin 3.2.0 prerelease 2 tarballs
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 07:23:55 GMT
Justin Mason wrote:
> should we just not bother with votes for prereleases?
>
> To be honest, I can't see the harm in accidentally pushing a prerelease
> tarball at the wrong time -- and this is the second 3.2.0-preX that isn't
> garnering votes, so clearly the process is getting in the way here. :(
>
> (Votes for "official" full releases, of course, would still be necessary)

Sorry, I had in my head it was an RC for some reason, so obviously
wanted to make sure I tested it as much as I could before rubber
stamping it.  I haven't even had time to download it this week. :(

I'm not really concerned about getting more than a lazy consensus for a
pre-release, especially if we're OK with it having some bugs.  I'd say
if you make it known that you're planning to release a pre-release, and
nobody objects in a couple days, do it.

So, anyway... +1 on releasing pre2.

Daryl