spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From Duncan Findlay <du...@debian.org>
Subject Re: VOTE: SpamAssassin 3.2.0 prerelease 2 tarballs
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 21:02:55 GMT
On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 01:22:12PM +0000, Justin Mason wrote:

> should we just not bother with votes for prereleases?

> To be honest, I can't see the harm in accidentally pushing a prerelease
> tarball at the wrong time -- and this is the second 3.2.0-preX that isn't
> garnering votes, so clearly the process is getting in the way here. :(

> (Votes for "official" full releases, of course, would still be necessary)

I think by ASF policy, we need a vote. That said, right now a +1 vote means:

 a) I think we should have a pre-release now.
 b) The tarballs presented are well constructed, work well, etc and
I've tested them.

I think if we agree that a +1 vote for pre-release only implies a)
then we won't have the issue of not getting votes. I haven't had time
to test the tarballs, so I haven't voted, but I'm +1 on the idea of a
pre-release. (i.e. +1 to part a) above).

--
Duncan Findlay