spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>
Subject Re: Serious Proposal to add AccuTechnology(tm) to SpamAssassin (SA)
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 23:55:29 GMT
--On Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:38 AM +0800 Shelby Moore
<coolpage@earthlink.net> wrote:

> For example, we may want to combine the Bayesian and AccuTechnology
> outputs in a special logic, other than a straight weighted calculation.

This is the only thing that looks like it goes beyond the capabilities of a
plugin. A plugin is code that takes the parsed message and the SA state and
returns a simple yes/no value, which is then weighted by the SA core. You
could initially supply a plugin and let people get comfortable evaluating
the performance of your service. If it's as good as you say, the idea of
more tight integration to augment the weighted scoring system could be
revisited. You could also contribute to the SA core a more versatile
mechanism for allowing score contributions to interact.