spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From "Loren Wilton" <lwil...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: A Feature I've always wanted - Test for multiple hits on same rule
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 00:42:15 GMT
> Any thoughts on this?

For certain rules I think it would be a great idea.

The trick is not so much running the rule globally, as it is getting the hit
count to use in the score generation.  I don't think (although I may be
wrong) that Perl can tell you how many times a regex hit in a global match.
You'ld probably have to run it in a loop by hand somehow.

Of course a second minor trick would be telling SA that you wanted this done
to the rule, and what the multiplier should be for each additional hit.  You
might also want to give a maximum hit count that you care about to keep the
re from being run over-much in really bad cases.

One case I have in my rules is counting the number of recipients at the same
domain in the message.  No score for <3, and increasing scores for more hits
up to about 8, which is a guaranteed spam for me.  Not a rule for everyone,
but illustrative of what I think might want to be done.

        Loren