spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>
Subject How to read perceptron-adjusted scores?
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 03:09:17 GMT
Eric Kolve and I are looking at adjusting the default scores for
SpamCopURI's SURBL lists, and we thought we might base them on
the perceptron-weighted ones that SA3 is using.  Can someone
suggest how to read the output in the scores file?

  http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/rules/50_scores.cf

# The following block of scores were generated using the mass-checking
# scripts, and a perceptron to determine the optimum scores which
# resulted in minimum false positives or negatives.  The scores are
# weighted to produce roughly 1 false positive in 2500 non-spam messages
# using the default threshold of 5.0.
[...]

score URIBL_AB_SURBL 0 2.007 0 0.417
score URIBL_OB_SURBL 0 1.996 0 3.213