spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Quinlan <>
Subject Re: Announcing SpamCopURI 0.08 support of SURBL for spam URI domain tests
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 07:37:54 GMT
Jeff Chan <> writes:

> Would someone with access to large spam and ham corpi please give
> SpamCopURI a try against their recent data, as Daniel Quinlan did with
> URIDNSBL + SURBL, and kindly let us know what kind of results they
> obtain?  Currently four trailing days of SpamCop URI reports are
> represented in SURBL.

2.6x modules, rules, and patches aren't very interesting right now.
Give me a patch against URIDNSBL in 3.0 to add domain-to-domain testing
and I'll gladly give it a whirl.

Four days still seems rather low.  Bear in mind that we're testing
corpora that have spams somewhere between 0 and 3 months old (on
average).  SpamCop is very hard to accurately gauge because stuff leaves
so quickly.  Expiring stuff quickly doesn't really reduce FPs unless
you're testing old ham vs. new spam.  I care more about the S/O ratio
(spam/overall where overall=ham+spam for a 50/50 mix of spam and ham).

Daniel Quinlan                     anti-spam (SpamAssassin), Linux,    and open source consulting

View raw message