spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From Sidney Markowitz <sid...@sidney.com>
Subject Re: False Positives on FORGED_DEF_WHITELIST
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 18:03:36 GMT
Marc Perkel wrote:

> Let me see if I can find the message. But - suppose someone has a
> secondary store and forward server - then if the main server goes down
> and the secondar server gets it - and then the main server comes up and
> transfers it to the main server - then the last server it comes from is
> the secondary server.

My intent was to check the server that is first used to send the mail,
and for that I rely on a (in this case) paypal.com mail server talking
to a trusted server of the receiver. If people are receiving mail from
one of their own servers that SpamAssassin does not know is trusted,
then there is no way to tell if a Received header is forged.

  -- sidney