spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From Sidney Markowitz <sid...@sidney.com>
Subject Re: False Positives on FORGED_DEF_WHITELIST
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 20:07:48 GMT
Marc Perkel wrote:

> Been getting false Positives on FORGED_DEF_WHITELIST rule on mail comibg
> from paypal.

Can you open a Bugzilla ticket and attach the headers from an example?
(deleting private info is ok for this, and I don't need the body)

I wrote the rule recently and I can well believe that there is a bug
that I missed.

The theory is that any address on the default whitelist is only sent
from a mail server in its domain. If you read the doc I wrote on it
you'll see that there is a way to specify that it is not the case for a
specific whitelist entry, but I've never seen PayPal mail that doesn't
get sent through a paypal.com mail server.

  -- sidney