spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Chan <>
Subject Re: Announcing SpamCopURI 0.08 support of SURBL for spam URI domain tests
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 22:53:49 GMT
On Friday, April 2, 2004, 2:11:39 AM, Jeff Chan wrote:
> If it's the case that domains expire out of the SpamCop
> URI data sooner than the particular spam domains remain
> a problem, then I could definitely see a need for a longer
> expiration.  Being somewhat new to the game, I don't
> have any data to support either argument.

OK I can see one flaw in my argument would be that if message
body domain blocking were already popular and successful then
*reporting* about spam URIs would taper off as fewer spams
reached victims, even if the spam-referenced domains stayed
up.  In that case we could simply increase our expiration
time to make the blocking persist long after the reports
tapered off.  (But there still should be some mechanism for
expiring domains off the block list, whatever time period
is used.  Or there should be some other method of removing
domains from the list.)

Does anyone have any data about the persistence of spam URI
domains?  I'll even settle for any data about spam web server
IP addresses.  :-)

Jeff C.
Jeff Chan

View raw message