spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From Kelsey Cummings <>
Subject Re: [ Fwd: Reminder: SpamAssassin needs your help!]
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 19:47:47 GMT
On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 12:28:00PM -0700, Justin Mason wrote:
> Kelsey Cummings writes:
> > And, for that matter, at this point most (all?) NFS implementations
> > implement locking anyway.  It'd be fairly easy to add this to the tests.
> Yes, but do they implement it *correctly*? ;)  as far as I know that's
> the problem.

True that.  Do you think that file locking tests in the make procedure
would be able to properly test implementation?  In any case, it'd be nice
to see selectable locking code.  Most installations can use flock on local
disks without any problem and would probably gain some performance.  People
on NFS (I imagine a small number) could use whichever they felt comfortable

Kelsey Cummings - , inc.
System Administrator                      2260 Apollo Way
707.522.1000 (Voice)                      Santa Rosa, CA 95407
707.547.2199 (Fax)
Fingerprint = D5F9 667F 5D32 7347 0B79  8DB7 2B42 86B6 4E2C 3896

View raw message