spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>
Subject Re: Announcing SpamCopURI 0.08 support of SURBL for spam URI domain tests
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 06:03:37 GMT
On Friday, April 2, 2004, 8:53:46 PM, Loren Wilton wrote:

> Jeff, it seems to me that you are in a good place to start figuring this
> out.  Simply make some sort of database by reported URL (or the part you
> keep) and log the dates you find it reported.  Any persistant domain is
> going to be reported either persistantly, or at least repeatedly.

> You could even make an exception report that showed the domains that are
> being reported consistantly for more than say 7 days.

Hehe, you're right about who can answer this question.
One issue is that we've only been collecting data for
a little over a month so we don't have the historical
view of some of these issues yet.  So the feedback from
folks is definitely helpful.  :)

Somewhat oddly I just added logging of the new spam
domains as they reach the threshold and get added to
the rbl as a result, just before you wrote.  So now
we will be able to see if any domains drop off the list
and come back on with the current expiration.  The log
is visible at:

  http://spamcheck.freeapp.net/top-sites-domains.new.log

Jeff C.
--