spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From "Loren Wilton" <lwil...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Announcing SpamCopURI 0.08 support of SURBL for spam URI domain tests
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 04:53:46 GMT
> On Friday, April 2, 2004, 3:27:13 PM, Justin Mason wrote:
> > Jeff Chan writes:
> >> Does anyone have any data about the persistence of spam URI
> >> domains?  I'll even settle for any data about spam web server
> >> IP addresses.  :-)

Jeff, it seems to me that you are in a good place to start figuring this
out.  Simply make some sort of database by reported URL (or the part you
keep) and log the dates you find it reported.  Any persistant domain is
going to be reported either persistantly, or at least repeatedly.

You could even make an exception report that showed the domains that are
being reported consistantly for more than say 7 days.

        Loren