solr-dev mailing list archives

From Houston Putman <houstonput...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr Docker CI Integration - Nightly builds
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2021 15:55:59 GMT

> Did you need to coordinate with Infra to create the job?  I see the build
> machine tag is "lucene"; maybe this doesn't make sense after the project
> split?

I merely copied the solr-main-check job, to create this one. I think all of
the Solr jobs still use the lucene boxes for now. We can go through and
remove the build machine tag from all of them.

I noticed a build failure emailed today.  Apparently the test "user_volume"
> failed.

It seems that the setfacl command stopped being available two days after
creating the jenkins job, very strange....

 RE apache/solr-nightly tag...

So I think it's good to remember that the official Solr "release" image
isn't going to live at *apache/solr:9.0.0*, it's going to remain an
official image so it'll be *solr:9.0.0*.
We definitely can't do the nightlies as a part of the official image, so
it'll have to have a different tag. To me it would be confusing if
*apache/solr* was that tag, since users wouldn't know whether to use
*apache/solr* or *solr* when searching on docker hub. I'm perfectly fine
not using the *-nightly* suffix, but I would prefer an easy way to
distinguish.

I have a separate question as well. I set up a pipeline to test the
official dockerfile generation as well, which should work very similarly to
the regular docker build and test job. The only difference is that the
official dockerfile generation requires a GPG key to sign the Solr
artifacts. Do we have a GPG key for jenkins building, or do we do any type
of signing in other jenkins jobs?

- Houston