sling-users mailing list archives

From Markus Joschko <markus.josc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Component Configuration troubles
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:51:28 GMT
>> I have an issue with the configuration for a component. I can
>> configure the component perfectly fine through the web console
>> configuration.
>> I see that the configuration is written in
>> /apps/sling/config/foo.bar.config and the jcr:data property has the
>> correct value.
>>
>> However when I restart launchpad, the configuration admin shows me an
>> empty dialog and states: "Unbound or new configuration"
>
> Looks like the consumer bundle is not active, which provides the meta type description
(which is the reason for the empty dialg (empty meaning no fields, right?))

No. I see the fields but they are empty respective filled with the
default values.
Searching through my bundles I can't find a bundle that has "consumer"
in its name...

> [Side note: If you update the web console to the latest trunk build you might be able
to see the fields derived from the actual property values].

> In addition it looks like the configuration is not really assigned to a component (which
is was the "Unbound or new configuration" says).

It is assigned for the first time I explicitly configure it. Only it
gets not reapplied after a restart.