sling-users mailing list archives

From James Stansell <jstan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sling URL Mapping Questions
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 17:29:27 GMT
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 5:26 AM, David Gonzalez <davidjgonzalez@gmail.com>wrote:

> Does mod-rewrite support rewriting all the links in the documents
> returned in the response?

Probably not. In fact right now a lot of our links are
/content/<site>/en/page.html and we have rewrite rule which gives a
redirect to /page.html.

It should be possible to use a sling filter to modify the links when
serving the page but we haven't looked into that yet.

> Have you seen perf hits doing this? (I'm assuming every html response
> must be parsed and rewritten.)

As far as I know our performance concerns are in other areas. Our sling is
actually part of CQ5 so we already were using httpd in order to host the
dispatcher plugin for caching the pages. Plus we are using mod_rewrite for
rewriting 1000s of legacy URLs so I don't think we ever considered another
option.

> Are there any gotchas w mod_rewrite that you've run into rewriting
> incoming and outgoing urls?

Our biggest problems have been with the legacy URLs. I guess a general
gotcha could be the regexes for the rewrite; not thinking of anything else.

If we were using plain sling we would probably be caching with varnish. I
wonder if that has any rewrite support?  Are you using a web cache?