sling-users mailing list archives

From Enrique Hurtarte <enrique.hurta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Max number of calls per request in Apache Sling Main Servlet
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 18:01:11 GMT
Felix,

Thank you very much for your answer, I will consider it.

On 02/09/2012 11:49 AM, Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are actually two numbers which the Sling Main Servlet obeys: The absolute number
of includes (which you are probably hitting) and the number of recursive invocations (increasing
the Java Call Stack).

> These boundaries have been implemented to prevent runaway requests (endless include loops)
or stack overflow errors.

> If you know the application, you should be able to increse the inclusion counter (sling.max.calls/Number
of Calls per Request) but you should be extremely careful when increasing the recursion counter
(sling.max.inclusions/Recursion Depth).

> Regards
> Felix
>

> Am 09.02.2012 um 16:24 schrieb Enrique Hurtarte:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> What parameters are considered to set up the max number of calls per request in "Apache
Sling Main Servlet" configuration in felix console for a typical app?

>> I found this comment in the documentation of sling: "Defines the maximum number of
Servlet and Script calls while processing a single client request. This number should be high
enough to not limit request processing artificially. On the other hand it should not be too
high to allow the mechanism to limit the resources required to process a request in case of
errors"