sling-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Max number of calls per request in Apache Sling Main Servlet
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 17:49:41 GMT
Hi,

There are actually two numbers which the Sling Main Servlet obeys: The absolute number of
includes (which you are probably hitting) and the number of recursive invocations (increasing
the Java Call Stack).

These boundaries have been implemented to prevent runaway requests (endless include loops)
or stack overflow errors.

If you know the application, you should be able to increse the inclusion counter (sling.max.calls/Number
of Calls per Request) but you should be extremely careful when increasing the recursion counter
(sling.max.inclusions/Recursion Depth).

Regards
Felix

Am 09.02.2012 um 16:24 schrieb Enrique Hurtarte:

> Hi All,
>
> What parameters are considered to set up the max number of calls per request in "Apache
Sling Main Servlet" configuration in felix console for a typical app?

> I found this comment in the documentation of sling: "Defines the maximum number of Servlet
and Script calls while processing a single client request. This number should be high enough
to not limit request processing artificially. On the other hand it should not be too high
to allow the mechanism to limit the resources required to process a request in case of errors"