sling-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re: Velocity scripting support
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 14:29:54 GMT
On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 4:23 PM,  <olaf.otto@css.ch> wrote:
> ...I will also test the scripting support against the latest velocity release
> tomorrow, thereby also testing whether it integrates with the latest Day
> CQ5 distribution (I expect that should be interesting). The question of
> course is what kind of tests must be performed before one would consider a
> release...

I'm no velocity expert...I'd suggest checking that all the velocity
features that you need work as expected, and if possible run some
stress tests and watch for memory leaks.

> ...Perhaps it would be best to create release candidates beforehand
> and use those within an actual project?...

We'll rather create a release, and another one if problems are
discovered. Release early, release often!

Please let us know the results of your tests, and if things look good
I can prepare a release in the next few days.

-Bertrand