sling-users mailing list archives

From Tony Giaccone <t...@giaccone.org>
Subject Re: configuring jackrabbit
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 20:51:24 GMT

Ok, so as I understand this,  what you're saying is that it is possible, to configure sling,
by using the admin console, and that things can be set appropriately there.

However, it's also possible to write your own repository.xml file and given that I want to
minimize the post installation configuration that would be the right thing to do, right?

So I want to set it up so I can use Postgres for local development.

Then in production we're going to use Oracle. So I'll have to get the jackrabbit instance
using the Oracle persistence manager.

In both cases, I need to be able to access the JDBC drivers for each of these drivers. I assume
they are not included in the default launchpad set up.

Where is the right place to put the jar files for these two set ups so that they are included
in the correct place so that the java class loader will find them and
be jackrabbit will be able  to use them?

In the source tree I pulled out before a build there are these three repository.xml files:

sling/bundles/jcr/jackrabbit-server/src/main/resources/repository.xml
sling/launchpad/builder/sling/jackrabbit/repository.xml
sling/sling/jackrabbit/repository.xml

I assume the one to modify for use with launchpad is

sling/launchpad/builder/sling/jackrabbit/repository.xml

Is that correct?

Tony Giaccone

On Jun 8, 2010, at 4:34 PM, Justin Edelson wrote:

> On 6/8/10 3:50 PM, Tony Giaccone wrote:
>>

>> How does  the launchpad configure jackrabbit?
> The Embedded Jackrabbit is configured through OSGi ConfigAdmin. The
> simplest way to use ConfigAdmin is probably via the console -
> http://sling:[port]/system/console/configMgr. Look for a config under
> "Apache Sling Embedded JCR Repository".
>

>> If I want to move the repository outside the war file what do I need to do to set
the value of rep.home?
> You can set the Repository Home location via ConfigAdmin.
>

>> How do I set up the repository so that it uses a DB for persistence?
> The default repository.xml does use a DB for presistence. If you want to
> use a different database you need to write your own repository.xml.
>

>> I guess I have to configure repository.xml, but which one, and should I use the DB
file system as well as the DB for persistence info?