sling-users mailing list archives

From Ken Burcham <kenburc...@gmail.com>
Subject trouble getting a resource to be resolved by the expected script
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 23:39:26 GMT
Ok, so I'm enjoying sling a lot.  I'm stuck on something tho:

Here's my content repository

content
--gradapp
----application
--------app1
--------app2
------------tabs
----------------tab1
----------------tab2

Here's my apps
apps
--gradapp
----application
--------edit.esp
--------html.esp
--------list.esp
----tab
--------edit.esp

I have my application nodes as:  sling:resourceType = gradapp/
application
and the tabs as: sling:resourceType=gradapp/tab

So my problem is that

http://localhost:8888/gradapp/application/app1.edit.html

works fine in giving me the edit page for app1 application, using the
script from the apps/gradapp/application/edit.esp

but

http://localhost:8888/gradapp/application/*.edit.html

does not work, just gives me the resource dumped:

Resource dumped by HtmlRendererServlet

Resource path: /gradapp/application/*

Resource metadata: {sling.resolutionPath=/gradapp/application/*,
sling.resolutionPathInfo=.edit.html}

Resource type: sling:syntheticStarResource

Resource super type: -

Resource Value:

as though it isn't mapping to the /apps/gradapp/application/edit.esp
as I would expect.

I'm sure i'm just not thinking of it right, but i'm not sure what i'm
doing wrong. :)  thanks!  Or how do I tell it that the new node will
have resourceType gradapp/application?

thanks!

ken.