sling-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org>
Subject Rewriting git repo history (was: [VOTE][CANCELLED] Release Apache Sling Kickstart and Kickstart Maven Plugin version 0.0.4)
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2020 07:02:38 GMT
Hi Andy,

On Tue, 2020-06-23 at 10:04 -0700, Andreas Schaefer wrote:
> Do you want me to remove that file from the git repository with ‘git
> filter-branch’? I used that in the past and it works but I am not
> sure if it works with GitHub or if I am allowed to do it in the
> Apache repo.

I think it would be nice and probably carries little risk, as the
repository is still 'young'. People who have this checked out, and
probably Jenkins and SonarCloud may be affected.

Could you create an issue for this and push the results on a separate
repository outside of the apache org? We can then ask infra and
sonarcloud about side effects of this.

Thanks,
Robert