sling-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Deprecated org.apache.sling.servlets.post.AbstractPostOperation
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2020 08:33:14 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 3:06 AM Carlos Munoz <camunoz@redhat.com> wrote:
> ...We are currently using class
> org.apache.sling.servlets.post.AbstractPostOperation but it is deprecated
> (seems to have been for a while)...

As per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-6722 the reason for
deprecation is that it'0s "using javax.jcr api and therefore creates a
mixture between Sling's resource API and the JCR api".

Which I think is a good reason, but if you use JCR APIs elsewhere
anyway in your project I don't think using that class is a problem for
you. I just clarified its Javadoc comments to mention that.

I don't think we have a public replacement at this point, as you
mention the org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.AbstractPostOperation
is in a non-exported package. If we need a non-JCR public variant of
it, we could move that code to a new
o.a.s.servlets.post.SlingAbstractPostOperation and have
o.a.s.servlets.post.impl.operations.AbstractPostOperation inherit from
it.

-Bertrand