sling-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release of Sling Kickstart and Sling FAR file
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2020 05:01:45 GMT
The "archive" configuration for the feature archive has a boolean
"attach" property defaulting to true. If you set it to false, the FAR
will not be attached to the project.

Regards
Carsten

Am 24.06.2020 um 20:55 schrieb Andreas Schaefer:
> Hi
>
> While I was doing the release of Sling Kickstart 0.0.6 after removing the FAR file from
the Git Repo I discovered that we have both the Sling Kickstart JAR file (the artifact) but
also Sling Kickstart FAR file and both are about 80MB.

> Now the Sling Kickstart needs to be this big and it goes along with Sling Starter which
is about 70GB. That said I do not think we need the Sling FAR file to be in the Maven repository
but that is done automatically because the creation of the FAR file will place it in the local
Maven repositories and hence install it during the release.

> If the Sling FAR file should not be placed into the repository then I think we need to
adjust the way we create the FAR file. I have no problem redoing the release so let me know
what you guys want to do with the FAR files.

> Cheers - Andy

Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland
cziegeler@apache.org