sling-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sling Feature Launcher Extensions with FM?
Date Thu, 14 May 2020 07:18:19 GMT
I guess this creates kind of a chicken-egg problem - the launcher might
need an extension to properly process a feature model. Solveable of course.

I don't think that we will end up with that many extensions, so it
should be manageable.

Regards
Carsten

On 14.05.2020 02:52, Andreas Schaefer wrote:
> Hi
>
> This might be overkill but I was wondering that if the list of extensions gets longer
that handing them over to the launcher might be a longer list or it might be hard to manage.

> I was wondering if it would make sense to use a Feature Model to define them and then
the Feature Launcher would load them into its class loader because the target FM is actually
loaded.

> Cheers - Andy

Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland