sling-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [feature-model] Different input format for feature files?
Date Fri, 08 May 2020 15:36:52 GMT
It would be a significant effort, basically rewriting everything
including all modules, extensions and tooling.

Not sure if that is really worth the effort.

Repoinit is a little bit of a pain, I agree. But I don't think this
minor use case warrants such a dramatic change.

For comments, you can use JSmin style comments (like mentioned on
jsonnet), so I don't consider this an issue.

Regards
Carsten

On 08.05.2020 17:28, Robert Munteanu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I keep thinking about how the feature files would look like in a
> different format. The main driver is the way repoinit statements look
> at the moment. Comments are also a bit awkward, even though possible in
> JSON.
>
> I was looking at Jsonnet [1], which is a superset of JSON with lots of
> bells and whistles, including comments and multiline strings.
>
> But irrespective of format - Jsonnet, YAML, or something else - what
> would it take to add another input format to the feature model? Is it
> something can be easily plugged in or would it require a significant
> rewrite?
>
> Thanks,
> Robert
>

> [1]: https://jsonnet.org/