sling-dev mailing list archives

From Ruben Reusser ...@headwire.com>
Subject Re: slingpackager in it's own git repo
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2020 12:26:06 GMT
I think the problem with the naming of the packager has to be looked at
from the npmjs registry [1]
Ideally we use a similar name for the repo as we would use for
publishing to npm and how we would like people to use it from the
command line.

sling-packager is unfortunately already taken and seems to be part of a
sling in node implementation [2].

Installation would happen through the command

 > npm install *@apache-sling/slingpackager* --global

and one would use the command with

 > *slingpackager* --help

while github.com/*apache/sling-slingpackager* has a repetition of sling
in the name it would map nicely to npm and the command line execution of
the tool. If we use github.com/apache/sling-packager we run the risk
that people will try to use the sling-packager module that already
exists at [3]

[1] https://www.npmjs.com/
[2] https://www.npmjs.com/package/sling-server
[3] https://www.npmjs.com/package/sling-packager