sling-dev mailing list archives

From Radu Cotescu <r...@apache.org>
Subject Deprecate the org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.models.provider module?
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2020 12:55:08 GMT
Hi,

In the context of SLING-9320 and SLING-9207 (the bigger picture) I was wondering if we couldn’t
deprecate the org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.models.provider module completely. The JavaUseProvider
from org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly seems to handle Sling Models just fine through the
adapter factories that get generated automatically for each model and it also tries the adaptions
in the same order.

The IT we have for the Use-API passed just fine on a setup that doesn’t provide the org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.models.provider
module.

Konrad, do you have something against this? IIRC you contributed the SlingModelsUseProvider
through [2].

Thanks,
Radu

[0] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-9320 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-9320>
[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-9207 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-9207>
[2] - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/sling/trunk/contrib/scripting/sightly/models-use-provider/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/scripting/sightly/models/impl/ModelFactoryUseProvider.java?revision=1677000&view=markup&pathrev=1677000