sling-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Feature archives, launcher and Sling Starter
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2020 11:38:17 GMT
Hi Carsten,

On Wed, 2020-03-25 at 10:21 +0100, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Add this point I'm a little bit unsure which way to go with the
> starter,
> therefore asking for feedback. I'm currently leaning towards the
> second
> option: just creating a feature archive for the starter (which we
> can
> already do today)

I am not 100% sure I get the difference. With the 'classic' starter, we
would produce a single, fat, jar that contains everything.

What would be the proposal for the feature archive based jar? Do we ask
the users to download a launcher jar and then run a command similar to

   $ java -jar launcher.jar --feature-archive=https://maven/repo/archive.zip?

I assume the option is there to also load a feature archive from the
local disk, so that the launcher can work with requiring any network
access as well.

Thanks,
Robert