sling-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Feature archives, launcher and Sling Starter
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2020 09:37:40 GMT
> Add this point I'm a little bit unsure which way to go with the starter,
> therefore asking for feedback. I'm currently leaning towards the second
> option: just creating a feature archive for the starter (which we can
> already do today)
>
> WDYT?

+1, I think it makes a lot of sense to decouple the things a little at
least initially. If we want more integrated solutions later we can
always add them in addition but having a decoupled base option makes
the most sense to me.

Especially, I think that is interesting in the context of the OSGi
Connect / Felix Atomos movement. If we get things right, we might be
able to just switch back and forth between running connected and
normally.

When I did the url refactoring for the artifact provider I was hoping
we could make it so that we use the archive directly as a repository -
I think that would be helpful in the connect case too.

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls