sling-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Promote sling-org-apache-sling-quickstart / sling-quickstart-maven-plugin to their own Sling Modules
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2020 08:55:12 GMT
Hi Carsten,

On Wed, 2020-02-05 at 10:38 -0800, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Many things are named quickstart, for example bnd uses the term as
> well.
> I personally don't think that this is a problem, as the term
> "quickstart" is always used in a context, being it Sling, Adobe, bnd
> etc.

Agreed. The reason why I seconded Bertrand's point is that AEM and
Sling are quite closely tied. Hence the potential for confusion.

> If we think that quickstart is confusing, than I think kickstart or
> cloudstart are confusing as well.

Quickstart ties AEM and Sling together, but kickstart and cloudstart do
not.

> This vote thread proposes quickstart - so we should not change the
> name
> while voting. So we have two options:
> - either we continue with the proposed name and go with it unless
> someone votes -1
> - we stop the vote thread, discuss for another two weeks which name
> we
> should pick and then restart the vote thread with that name

I'm not saying to discuss for two weeks :-) but I'm also not voting
-1.

I am "voting" -0.5, as in "I don't think this is the way to go, but I
don't see this as a big enough problem to veto the vote".

Robert