sling-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Feature Model] Feature Archive?
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2020 10:00:22 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 7:12 AM Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Having an option for compressing sounds good to me, but I get a little
> bit worried to support two extensions. It is transparent for the user of
> the archive..

Karl seems to imply that having an uncompressed archive is required
for some use cases so I suppose there's a need for the "consumers" of
those archives to be able to specify that they require the
uncompressed version?

If that's correct, a way of identifying those uncompressed versions is
required, IMHO.

That can be the file extension, or maybe a Maven classifier?

A common pattern used for tar archives is to add a suffix to indicate
compression, such as .tar.gz

-Bertrand