sling-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Schaefer <schaef...@me.com.INVALID>
Subject Request for the Sling Feature Starter and Maven Plugin to become a Sling Module
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2020 01:21:35 GMT
Hi

I updated and tested both the **sling-org-apache-sling-feature-starter** which creates an
executable JAR file and the **sling-slingstart-feature-maven-plugin** which does start and
stop a Sling instance so that they work like their PM peers.

That said the Sling Starter does only create an executable JAR file and the Slingstart Maven
Plugin only supports start and stop. Additional Mojos and support for a Webapp can be added
later but for now I wanted to be able to launch Sling FM based through a JAR file and test
it in an IT test setting.
In addition the Sling Feature Starter is using an externally created Sling FM file but that
will change by either using dedicated FMs (something like the PMs of now) or including bundle
artifacts.

With that I would request to promote both from the Sling-Whiteboard into their own Sling Modules
to further develop these two modules.

Cheers - Andy