sling-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Schaefer <schaef...@me.com.INVALID>
Subject [VOTE] Promote sling-org-apache-sling-feature-starter / sling-slingstart-feature-maven-plugin to its own Sling Module
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2020 16:41:11 GMT
Hi

This is a vote to promote the sling-org-apache-sling-feature-starter and sling-slingstart-feature-maven-plugin
to their own Sling Module. This first module is the Feature Model counterpart of the sling-org-apache-sling-starter
and will create an executable JAR file. The second is the counterpart of the sling-slingstart-maven-plugin
which will start and stop a Sling Instance from a Maven run and is mostly used to run Integration
Tests.

Sling Feature Starter:

1. Code Location: both are in the ‘sling-whiteboard’ under 'sling-org-apache-sling-feature-starter`
folder
2. Proposed Github Repo name (I just added feature into the name):
- sling-org-apache-sling-feature-starter
3. Proposed artifact ids (group id: org.apache.sling)
- org.apache.sling.feature.starter

Sling Start Feature Maven Plugin:

1. Code Location: both are in the ‘sling-whiteboard’ under 'sling-slingstart-feature-maven-plugin`
folder
2. Proposed Github Repo names (I just added feature into the name):
- sling-slingstart-feature-maven-plugin
3. Proposed artifact ids (group id: org.apache.sling)
- slingstart-feature-maven-plugin

As requested by Carsten I created separate modules for the Feature counterparts. The modules
work but the are not finished. The Sling Feature Starter is actually using the Sling Start
Feature Maven Plugin to run the IT tests.

- Andy