sling-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code Styleguide
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2019 11:22:01 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 11:47 AM Konrad Windszus <konrad_w@gmx.de> wrote:
> ...Maybe we can at least document the minimum somewhere below https://sling.apache.org/documentation/development.html
..

+1

>...and provide an Eclipse Formatter Ruleset...

If it's just one IDE I don't think that works - IMO if a tool is used
it should be either a Maven plugin (probably the best way to get
consistent results) or be available for "all" IDEs.

Also, I think the transition to a stricter style guide needs to be
clearly defined. I'm *not* in favor of reformatting "everything" as
that blurs the much more important diffs about actual code changes. My
preference would be to leave existing code as is and only reformat
when source code files are extensively rewritten or created.

-Bertrand