sling-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Klco <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [hackathon] maven archetypes
Date Sun, 06 Oct 2019 04:32:57 GMT
Sorry to add a wrinkle here, but I'm also wondering if it'd make sense to
make the sample options more flexible than just merge, keep or delete to
support different content use cases. For the Sling CMS reference, it'd be
nice to be able to populate more content than you'd need for a "base" Sling
instance. In particular, CA Configurations to enable a template and basic
settings. I'm sure we could also come up with other sample content sets
which would support different use cases which may be helpful for
on-boarding new developers.

I've put together a simple project archetype for Sling CMS here, but I'd
wonder if it'd be similar to back it into the overall
sling-project-archetype as a separate content option from the sample
content. Options for sample content like:

all - keep all the sample modules
default - keep the current sample modules
slingcms - keep the slingcms modules
none - delete all sample modules

Do you all think that'd be workable?