sling-dev mailing list archives

From Radu Cotescu <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: bnd baselining and development versions
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2019 15:09:37 GMT
Right! But we already knew that bnd converts a snapshot version to a timestamp one. And the
older maven-bundle-plugin makes the SNAPSHOT part of the bundle version a qualifier.

To summarise:
For bundle version 1.2.7-SNAPSHOT we’d have:
Bundle-Version: 1.2.7.<timestamp> generated by bnd
Bundle-Version: 1.2.7.SNAPSHOT generated by maven-bundle-plugin

Given that not all modules are migrated to the bnd plugin I think we have to continue to maintain
our odd / even release policy and enhance bnd to allow us to perform the bundle version check
on-demand, which in our case would be at release time.

Thanks,
Radu