sling-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release Validator Docker Image
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2019 21:33:56 GMT
On Tue, 2019-09-10 at 22:57 +0200, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> I think the value is already there today, we push manually to dist
> and
> having the sha512 there and not the md5 is already a win.
> It would be great to have this mirrored in the maven repository, but
> that probably needs those bugs to be fixed.

So my proposal, echoing discussions at the hackathon would be to
implement a command that publishes a release to dist and that:

- downloads the release artifacts from Nexus (already covered by
existing command)
- computes SHA-256 checksums and adds them to the files to be deployed
- uses the Java API equivalent of `svn remove https://dist.apache.org/
...` to remove all old artifacts of a release
- uses the Java API equivalent of `svn import .
https://dist.apache.org/ ...` to import local set of artifacts to SVN

Would that cover everyone's needs for pushing to dist?

Robert