sling-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Support OSGi R7 Logging
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2019 09:38:08 GMT
Am 15.08.2019 um 11:21 schrieb Robert Munteanu:
> On Thu, 2019-08-15 at 11:12 +0200, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Hi Roy,
>>
>> I guess my mail is a little bit misleading :)
>>
>> It's totally fine to use SLF4J directly and we should keep doing
>> this.
>> Under the covers, everything you log to slf4j is routed through the
>> LogService so other components in the system can listen to log
>> entries etc.
>>
>> So this is about keeping everything as is for clients doing logging
>> but
>> just replace the LogService implementation with the Apache Felix one
>> -
>> and make sure that we still have todays features in place.
>
> +1 from me. I also asked about this a year ago :-)
>
>    https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/581b9ac69bfa6a8692e6bffc98fe5fdd6f5b4c35989d6b53841f7f10@%3Cdev.sling.apache.org%3E

That's actually a different ask :)

We have o.a.s.commons.logservice which is an OSGi R6 LogService
implementation *and* a log listener logging everything to slf4j. My
suggestion is to replace the LogService impl with Apache Felix Log and
keep the listener.

Our logback integration is o.a.s.commons.log which I think is similar to
the logback stuff in Apache Felix.

Now maybe we can replace all of our stuff with the things from Felix?

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland