sling-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason E Bailey" <jason.bai...@24601.org>
Subject Re: [org.apache.sling.jcr.contentparser] can we decouple it from JCR?
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2019 13:16:48 GMT
My opinion - I'd prefer a greater decoupling of the API and implementations. We should be able
to design this in such a way that the addition of a new format for parsing content doesn't
necessitate a release of the API. To that end, I think the ParserOptions should not be a final
class but encompass the generic options available to all content parsers and then have extended
classes in the other packages that reflect the ParserOptions for that package.

So there'd be a JsonParserOptions which extends ParserOptions and contains json specific options.

So for me to implement a YamlContentParser I should just be able to implement the appropriate
classes and install an implementation package.

That would also mean moving implementation specific files to their respective packages as
well, like the JsonParserFeatures

--
Jason