sling-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Schaefer <schaef...@me.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Sling Content Package to Feature Model Maven Plugin
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2019 22:25:20 GMT
Hi Simone

I ran into a snafu with the Sling Feature Maven Plugin. This plugin is doing a blank check
during the initialization phase which is causing headaches for the CP Converter goal.

There are various issues but the most glaring is the fact that when I use placeholders in
the FM id like "${project.groupId}” then it will fail to even clean the project with ‘mvn
clean’. That we either disable these tests or move them in the respective Mojos?

Cheers - Andy Schaefer

> On Jul 2, 2019, at 10:29 AM, Simone Tripodi <simone.tripodi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Andreas,
> I had a quick overview of your work and you did great - I'd suggest
> you to propose this new MOJO as part of the slingfeature-maven-plugin,
> rather than defining a new one, it will be easier to have it
> integrated.
>
> My 2 cents and keep up the good work!
> All the best,
> ~Simo

> http://www.99soft.org/
>
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 7:25 AM Andreas Schaefer
> <schaefera@me.com.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I just committed the first draft of the 'Sling Content Package to Feature Model Maven
Plugin’ into branch  feature/sling-cpconverter-maven-plugin of the sling-whiteboard project.

>> The IT tests should give a rough idea on how to use it and I will incorporate it
into the Peregrine CMS project to have a better End-to-End test for this plugin.

>> For now this plugin is intended to generated a side-car FM configuration for an existing
Content Package including installing it into the local Maven repo.

>> I am not a crack in writing Maven Plugins so this plugin for sure has it rough edges
and so any feedback is appreciated.