sling-dev mailing list archives

From Gaston Gonzalez ...@headwire.com>
Subject Current state of SSO or OpenID Connect support in Sling
Date Thu, 09 May 2019 19:10:29 GMT
Hi All,

I have been researching an SSO solution for Sling for the last week and noticed that some
work has been done around OpenID Connect. During my research I stumbled upon SLING-2759 and
was able to get it working with Sling 11 using a couple of OpenID providers (e.g., Google
Identity Platform and Auth0). This ticket has been stale since August 2018 and I was wondering
if I can help contribute to the development of this feature. I searched the Sling dev and
user mailing list archives and can’t seem to find any work that would supersede SLING-2759.

Is SLING-2759 still the front runner for supporting Open ID Connect?
Is there a better option on the table for supporting SSO in Sling?

I also stumbled upon an adaptTo() 2018 talk, "Modern Authentication in Sling with OpenID Connect
and Keycloak” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaqpmmyylis <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaqpmmyylis>)
that seems to suggest that there is some interest in OpenID Connect + Sling.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gaston Gonzalez
Senior Architect | www.headwire.com