sling-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] Remove dependency to launchpad starter api
Date Tue, 28 May 2019 07:41:22 GMT
Hi,

we have some bundles that currently depend on the launchpad starter api,
which provides a way to detect whether an instance is finished with
starting. This was our first attempt to solve that problem, with the new
Felix based solution we should probably move away from that approach.
Especially as the launchpad starter is currently only supported if
you're using launchpad to start your instance.

Therefore we should probably revisit this dependency in every module and
either remove or replace it.

For example the webconsole security provider has such a dependency. In
that case it covers the case of a buggy repository
implementation...which is actually a workaround. So I think we can
simply remove that dependency without a replacement there completely.

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler