sling-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sling Feature Maven Plugin Aggregate Features is not creating a File in 1.0.2/1.0.3-SNAPSHOT
Date Sat, 25 May 2019 00:28:43 GMT

For my little project (just using the files include) it works. This is
the reference for configuring:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8058?focusedCommentId=16677823&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16677823

Everything is optional, specifying a classifier must be enough; if
that's not working anymore that's clearly a bug.

Now, the aggregated feature is not written to disk by the aggregation
itself. If you have a project of type slingosgifeature it will be
written to disk as part of attach feature mojo. If your project is of a
different type, you need to configure the attach mojo

HTH

Regards

Carsten

Andreas Schaefer wrote
> Hi
>
> I am running into an issue with 'sling-slingfeature-maven-plugin’ where the ‘aggregate-features’
is not writing a file.
> Unfortunately I cannot find an up to date example on how to use it (the site is not having
any configuration example) and so I tried to figure out from the code but could not find or
pin point the location where the file is written to the file system.

> I have my FM files inside src/main/features and have this plugin configuration:
>
>              <plugin>
>                  <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>
>                  <artifactId>slingfeature-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>                  <version>1.0.3-SNAPSHOT</version>
>                  <extensions>true</extensions>
>                  <executions>
>                      <execution>
>                          <id>aggregate-base-feature</id>
>                          <phase>generate-resources</phase>
>                          <goals>
>                              <goal>aggregate-features</goal>
>                          </goals>
>                          <configuration>
>                              <aggregates>
>                                  <aggregate>
>                                      <classifier>example-runtime</classifier>
>                                      <filesInclude>**/*.json</filesInclude>
> <!--                                    <markAsComplete>true</markAsComplete>-->
> <!--                                    <frameworkPropertiesOverrides>-->
>                                          <!-- Framework property overrides go here
-->
> <!--                                        <org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation>javax.*</org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation>-->
> <!--                                    </frameworkPropertiesOverrides>-->
>                                  </aggregate>
>                              </aggregates>
>                          </configuration>
>                      </execution>
>                  </executions>
>              </plugin>
>
> This is my target after running ‘mvn clean generate-sources’:
>
> /target
> 	/maven-shared-archive-resources
> 	/sling-slingfeature-maven-plugin-fmtmp
>
> The folder 'sling-slingfeature-maven-plugin-fmtmp’ is empty.
>
> There are a few things that are odd. Because I specify a classifier the ‘filesInclude’
is not optional (anymore?), also the features property is not a file but rather a relative
path to the baseDir (src/main/my-feature works but not ${project.basedir}/src/main/my-feature).

> The configuration from the site generation is missing in my opinion a good example for
the configuration and aggregates config element is not documented.

> If anyone can point to the location where the aggravated file should be written to the
file system I can further investigate it or is that not working this way anymore.

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland