sling-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Scaling Sling development
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2019 09:33:50 GMT
Hi

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 7:56 PM Daniel Klco <dklco@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I wonder if a low effort option
> would be to add a metadata field for the project(s) to link documentation
> pages in github, something like:..
> tags=tag1,tag2
> repos=auth-form,scripting-jsp-taglib

Great idea!

If we use tags for this we get the reverse linking for free...I just
tried that with this commit:

https://github.com/apache/sling-site/commit/9e50d9c5c25823b6ff7daa8ceae7c16ba146a326
(reverted later as those long tags cause somewhat of a mess on the pages)

which then activates
https://sling.apache.org/tags/repo:sling-org-apache-sling-repoinit-parser.html
to list all pages that refer to that repository, allowing the reverse
link to be automated.

If we use that method we should adapt the html templates to ignore
those repo: tags when listing tags at the top of the page, and maybe
list them separately in the tags pages like
https://sling.apache.org/tags/authentication.html

...so maybe it's not simpler to implement than what you suggest
(thinking outloud here). I like both options!

-Bertrand