sling-dev mailing list archives

From Roy Teeuwen <...@teeuwen.be>
Subject ValueMapDecorator using impl class in api
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2019 12:35:40 GMT
Hey dev's,

Since the use of the ObjectConverter, the ValueMapDecorator class which is in the api package
bundle, uses an impl class. Is this good practice?

See https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-api/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/api/wrappers/ValueMapDecorator.java
<https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-api/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/api/wrappers/ValueMapDecorator.java>

We are for example using the uber-jar provided by Adobe for their product, AEM. This uber-jar
only contains the api classes that you should program your code against, but now since this
change our unit tests fail because the ValueMapDecorator uses an impl class that is not available
in this uber jar.

Greets,
Roy