sling-dev mailing list archives

From Konrad Windszus <konra...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] integration of sling models with context-aware configuration - which way around
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2019 12:53:44 GMT
+1 for c)

> On 7. Jan 2019, at 13:32, Stefan Seifert <sseifert@pro-vision.de> wrote:
>
> there is a wish to integrate sling models with context-aware configuration to add a new
injector and injector annotation that allows to inject context-aware configuration typed objects
or property values in your sling models. we have contributions for two approaches, one from
the sling models side [1] and one from the caconfig side [2][3].

> i'm currently not sure what is the best approach. it is clear that we want to avoid hard
dependency of sling models to caconfig and vice versa.

> there are basically three options:
>
> a) add support for it in sling models API+impl with an optional dependency to caconfig
API (injector will not be available when caconfig bundles is not there)
> b) add support for it in caconfig API+impl with an optional dependency to models API
> c) create a separate module integrating both, as it is done e.g. for sling models and
sling validation [4], requiring to deploy an additional bundle