sling-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Simple File System Resource Provider
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2018 13:34:55 GMT

Am 12.11.2018 um 14:31 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 12:20 PM Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
>> ...As a side note, the markdown resource provider in the whiteboard is
>> another file system based rp which is closer to my use case, except that
>> it supports markdown files instead of json...
>
> Having a GitHub-friendly resource provider would be cool IMO, and that
> one looks like a good option for that.

Absolutely, but it's mixing concerns, it mixes where to fetch resources
from (file system) with the type of resources (markdown files). If my md
files are somewhere else I can't use that RP. And if I have mixed files
in my file system it might get challenging as well.
Ultimately, the current fs provider has the same problem.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland