sling-dev mailing list archives

From Konrad Windszus <konra...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [hackathon] bnd-maven-plugin vs. maven-bundle-plugin
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2018 07:28:24 GMT
I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8008 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8008>
for this change. Do we need a real vote on this, or is it enough that after almost one month
noone complained or proposed something else?

Konrad

> On 13. Sep 2018, at 18:35, Stefan Seifert <sseifert@pro-vision.de> wrote:
>
> - we would like to switch completely to bnd-maven-plugin, but without the need for a
separate bnd file
> - we currently have only one parent pom for bundle modules and non-bundle modules, making
it difficult to configure the bnd-maven-plugin globally so it gets up picked only for bundles,
not for simple jar files.
> - using maven profiles would be an option, but there is no nice way to trigger the profile
without ugly hacks like having an empty bnd file present.
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MJAR-193 would be another solution (haven the
bnd plugin handing over the manifest extensions to the maven jar plugin), but this feature
is not available yet

> - the best solution seems to be to create an additional "sling-bundle-parent" inheriting
from the existing "sling-parent"